Starz said today that it will air the season premiere of its original series Spartacus: Vengeance on Friday, January 27 at 10 PM. The series continues the storyline begun on Spartacus: Blood And Sand, which debuted in January 2010. That series was a hit but was put on hiatus when star Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and couldn’t continue. During the hiatus, Starz shot and aired the prequel Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. All three installments were from the same creative team: Rob Tapert, Steven S. DeKnight, Sam Raimi and Joshua Donen. Whitfiield died on September 11, with Liam McIntyre taking over the role of Spartacus.
Starz Sets January 27 As Premiere Date For 'Spartacus: Vengeance'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Altered Carbon': Renée Elise Goldsberry & Chris Conner To Return; Simone Missick & 3 Others Cast In Season 2 Of Netflix Series
Latest TV News
- Oscars Ratings Drop Sees ABC Offering Advertisers Guarantees For 1st Time
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’, ‘Late Show’ Teams Win At Publicists Guild Awards
- ‘Locke & Key’: Michael Morris To Direct First Two Episodes Of Netflix Drama
- Josh Cooke To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Nana’
- Oscars: ABC’s Red Carpet Preshow Adds Ryan Seacrest For Final Half-Hour
- Chris Levinson Inks Overall Deal With Paramount TV