Starz said today that it will air the season premiere of its original series Spartacus: Vengeance on Friday, January 27 at 10 PM. The series continues the storyline begun on Spartacus: Blood And Sand, which debuted in January 2010. That series was a hit but was put on hiatus when star Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer and couldn’t continue. During the hiatus, Starz shot and aired the prequel Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. All three installments were from the same creative team: Rob Tapert, Steven S. DeKnight, Sam Raimi and Joshua Donen. Whitfiield died on September 11, with Liam McIntyre taking over the role of Spartacus.
Starz Sets January 27 As Premiere Date For 'Spartacus: Vengeance'
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest TV News
- Viacom Beats Wall Street Estimates With Q4 Paced By Paramount
- Danny DeVito, Jessica Chastain & ‘Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker To Star In Jamie Oliver's ‘Friday Night Feast…
- ‘Love Island’ Star Samira Mighty To Host UK Remake Of Facebook Watch’s ‘Confetti’
- Simon Andreae's Naked Television Scores Makeover Series ’21 Again’ For BBC Three
- Michelle Obama Reveals To Jimmy Kimmel Things She Could Not Say As First Lady
- ‘The Daily Show’s Jaboukie Young-White Unhappy Amazon HQ Coming To Queens