Sony Pictures Television has come aboard as a distribution partner on House Of Cards, the Kevin Spacey-starring political drama series that Netflix landed in a high-profile deal back in March. Beau Willimon (The Ides Of March) wrote the pilot, which is being directed by David Fincher, who also is an executive producer; Willimon will be the showrunner on the series. Robin Wright co-stars. Sony TV will handle worldwide distribution on the Media Right Capital project, including in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Spain after Netflix transmits the series in those areas.
Sony TV Joins 'House Of Cards' Team
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest TV News
- Allen Leech To Co-Star In CBS' NSA Spy Drama Pilot 'Surveillance'
- Michelle Obama Delivers ABC’s Most Watched Sunday This Season
- ‘Gormenghast’: Neil Gaiman, Akiva Goldsman & Toby Whithouse On Adapting Mervyn Peake’s Epic…
- Producer Craig Zadan Remembered In Dazzling, Star-Filled Tribute At TV Academy
- ‘Christmas On I.C.E.!’ Promo: Samantha Bee Sets Date For ‘Full Frontal’ Holiday Special
- Tim Tebow To Host CBS Competition Series ‘Million Dollar Mile’ From LeBron James