EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, the team behind three of the Saw films, are currently doing production rewrite work on the Guillermo del Toro-directed tent pole Pacific Rim for Legendary Pictures. At the same time, they are plotting out the movie adaptation of Black Light, a new thriller novel they wrote with Stephen Romano that was just published by Mulholland Books. They’ve enlisted Michael De Luca to produce, and WME is starting to put the package together. The novel revolves around a private eye who has unique gifts that make him suited to solve cases that involve the supernatural. All the while, he’s obsessed with the mother and father who were killed while he was a child. He uses a “black light” to try and remember his past and contact his parents, to no avail. When a reclusive billionaire hires him, all the pieces begin to fit together. The scribes are repped by WME and Underground Management.
Scribe Team Melton & Dunstan Plot Screen Version Of 'Black Light'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…