The Cinema Audio Society will bestow its CAS Filmmaker Award on Rob Marshall at the 40th CAS Awards in February in Los Angeles. The director’s films have been nominated for 23 Academy Awards, including a Best Picture win for Chicago in 2002. His most recent film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. He is currently developing The Thin Man with Johnny Depp. The CAS’ already announced Career Achievement recipient is sound mixer Scott Millan, who worked with Marshall on Marshall’s Nine. Previous recipients of the Filmmaker Award include Quentin Tarantino, Gil Cates, Bill Condon, Paul Mazursky, Henry Selick and Taylor Hackford.
CAS Filmmaker Award To Rob Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel