Leslie Unger, the chief publicist for the Academy Awards last year, has resigned the post. It’s part of a restructuring of the department. She had been there for almost two decades. Unger was the publicist who disinvited me from the Oscars last year because Deadline had revealed everything that was going to happen at the Oscars, except who was going to win trophies.
Oscar PR Chief Leslie Unger Resigns
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Latest Film News
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Snatches $74M Overseas, Hits $100M WW Through Friday
- AMPAS Governors Awards Red Carpet Limited Because Of California Wildfires
- Notes On The Season: Oscar Race’s Crazy Weekend; ‘Mary’s’ Two Queen Contenders; Indie Spirits Go Really…
- William Goldman: Photo Gallery Of A Screenwriting Legend’s Greatest Hits