Christian Bale isn’t going to play the title character in the Darren Aronofsky-directed Biblical epic Noah. Bale had never been set, but it was understood he was the actor Aronofsky wanted. I’m told that it won’t happen because the dates don’t work because Bale is committed to doing the Terrence Malick-directed Lawless and Knight Of Cups, which are being made back to back. Bale’s coming off The Dark Knight Rises. Noah’s being funded by Paramount and New Regency and will begin production in the spring.
Back To Back Terrence Malick Movies Means No 'Noah' For Christian Bale
What's Hot on Deadline
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Magnum P.I.': Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & 'Hawaii Five-0' Crossover - Comic-Con
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An 'SVU' Crossover? - Comic-Con
'Iron Man' At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau
Latest Film News
- ‘Don Quixote’ Producers Hit Back Over Rights Snafu After Paolo Branco Claims Another Court ‘Victory’
- Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, James Corden & Ian McKellen Line Up For ‘Cats’ Movie — Miaow
- ‘Brotherhood’ & ‘The Souvenir’ Actor Jack McMullen Joins James Mangold’s Ford Vs…
- Shinobu Hashimoto Dies: Writer Of ‘Rashomon’, ‘Seven Samurai’ & 70 Other Screenplays Was 100
- ‘Assassination Nation’: Sundance Darling Captures Hall H Crowd With Provocative Footage – Comic-Con
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?