Morgan Freeman has been tapped to receive the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Cecil B. DeMille Award, which will be bestowed during the Golden Globes ceremony January 15. The honor is given for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment and is the organization’s lifetime achievement award. Previous winners include Warren Beatty, Anthony Hopkins, Steven Spielberg and Robert DeNiro, among others. The Oscar winner and five-time nominee won the best actor Globe in 1990 for Driving Miss Daisy.
Morgan Freeman To Receive Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscar Week 2019 Parties & Events: The List
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here