EXCLUSIVE: Mad Men star Elisabeth Moss is in final negotiations to play the lead in BBC Two’s six-hour miniseries Top Of The Lake, from the Oscar-winning trio of writer/director Jane Campion (The Piano) and producers Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech). The project centers on Robin Griffin (Moss), a detective investigating the disappearance of a 12-year-old pregnant girl, who is the daughter of a local drug lord. Campion is set to direct from a script she co-wrote with Gerard Lee, with Sherman and Canning producing. Filming is tentatively slated to begin in New Zealand in January. The limited series doesn’t have an U.S. network yet, with Sundance Channel rumored as a possibility. Moss is currently in production on Season 5 of Mad Men, which will debut in March. She will do Top Of The Lake during her hiatus from the AMC period drama that has earned her 3 Emmy nominations. On the feature side, Moss, repped by WME and manager Gay Ribisi, will next be seen in Lawrence Kasdan’s Darling Companion as well as On the Road.
Elisabeth Moss To Star In BBC Miniseries 'Top Of The Lake'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Netflix Doubles Down On Spanish Originals With Heroin Thriller ‘Hache’
- Universal Music And Hip-Hop Player All Def Boost Film And TV Volume
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund…
- U.S. SVOD Service Sundance Now Boards ITV’s Psychological Thriller ‘Cheat’
- World Cup: Mexico’s Seismic Defeat Of Germany Scores 26M Viewers For ZDF
- Wattpad Strikes Development & Production Deal With Germany’s Bavaria Fiction