Deadline will ramp up its movie awards season coverage starting today. Of course Awards Columnist Pete Hammond will continue to be Deadline’s linchpin to all honors including Oscars, Golden Globes, WGA, PGA, SAG, and the Hollywood arts and crafts. Mike Fleming and Nikki Finke will be weighing in frequently with breaking news and Q&As with major players. And life wouldn’t be worth living without Nikki’s awards show live-snarking… What’s new this year is Nikki’s first annual Oscars event called The Contenders on December 10th and 11th at the Landmark Theatre with 11 major and indie film studios showcasing their awards contenders directly to Academy Motion Picture Arts & Sciences members… And, again, there will be awards print editions. For the last 2010-2011 movie awards season, Deadline’s Nikki Finke planned, designed, and edited 7 Oscar awards publications, as well as 2 Emmy awards print editions. Those 9 Deadline publications are finalists in the ‘Best Of’ category of the Annual National Entertainment Awards. This 2011-2012 awards season will usher in the permanent print publication called Awards|Line planned, designed, and written by a mostly freelance staff. It will repurpose online content from Deadline, and some of the freelance content from Awards|Line may be repurposed on Deadine. Again, there will be 7 Awards|Line print editions covering producers, directors, writers, actors, actresses as well as the animation, foreign language, music, special effects, cinematography, and other categories. The first issue is published today.
Deadline Advisory: Movie Awards Coverage
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Awardsline News
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Ceremonies On Both Coasts
- Writers Guild Awards 2019 Winners List – Updating Live
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Takes Top Film Honor At Cinema Audio Society Awards
- ‘Vice’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Among Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards Winners
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars