Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Takes $253M WW Bow; 'Venom' Voracious In China Milestones - International Box Office
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
'Crimes Of Grindelwald' Falls Short Stateside With $62M+ Debut, WB Celebrates Global Win As 'Fantastic Beasts' Series Hits $1B-Plus
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
Latest TV News
- 'True Blood' Creator Alan Ball Gives Details Of Musical Version In The Works
- 'Jane The Virgin' Creator Jennie Snyder Urman: The Final Season 5 Is “Some Of Our Best Stuff Ever”
- Jim Carrey “Would Love” To See Kamala Harris & Beto O’Rourke Win The Presidential Race
- Condoleeza Rice Says She’s “Not Ready To Coach” The Cleveland Browns
- Fox Networks Group And AT&T Renew Cross-Platform Distribution Deal
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Sunday Edition