EXCLUSIVE: David Oyelowo has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He has headed to Virginia and will play the role of a cavalryman. Oyelowo takes the job while he’s concurrently shooting the Christopher McQuarrie-directed One Shot with Tom Cruise starring as Jack Reacher in the Lee Child novel series. Oyelowo plays the lead detective investigating a sniper massacre in Pittsburgh. Oyelowo, last seen in Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Help, recently wrapped the Lee Daniels-directed The Paperboy, playing a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who teams with another reporter to investigate the possible wrongful conviction of a murderer. Matthew McConaughey, John Cusack and Nicole Kidman also star. Oyelowo will next be seen starring in Red Tails, the George Lucas-hatched drama about a crew of African American pilots in the Tuskegee training program who persevered through segregation to get their chance to show their stuff in the air under the guidance of Col. A.J. Bullard. Oyelowo is repped by ICM, Inphenate and UK-based Hamilton Hodell.
David Oyelowo Joins Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Implements New Diversity Requirements For 2019 Film Awards
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller