Early estimates from Warner Bros has J. Edgar bowing to a low-key but healthy midweek $53,000 in limited runs Wednesday in 7 theatres in 5 cities — LA, NY, Chicago, Washington DC, and San Francisco. That was good enough for 12th place at the slow North American box office, besting movies playing in thousands of locations. The Oscar-buzzed biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio opens nationwide on Friday in 1,910 locations. Tracking has been strong for weeks, especially among adults.
Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' Opens Strong
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest Film News
- Viacom CEO Bob Bakish Concedes “Some Softness” At Nickelodeon: “We Are Actively Working On It”
- ‘Requiem’ & ‘The Missing’ Outfit New Pictures Options Dystopian YA Novel ‘The Territory’
- Netflix Reteams With ‘The Little Prince’ Director Mark Osborne For Animated Feature ‘Escape From Hat’
- William Goldman Remembered By Hollywood: ‘Princess Bride’, ‘Butch Cassidy’ Writer Was “The Best Ever”…
- ‘Poms’ Producer Mad As Birds Lines Up Movie About Trailblazing WWI Soldier Flora Sandes
- Brian Goldsmith Re-ups As Lionsgate COO