The Art Directors Guild said today it will bestow its honorary Outstanding Contribution to Cinematic Imagery Award to the creative team behind the Harry Potter films during the 16th annual Excellence in Production Design Awards, set for February 4 at the Beverly Hilton. It’s the first time a movie franchise has been selected for the honor, which in the past has gone to Warren Beatty, Clint Eastwood, Blake Edwards, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, John Lasseter, George Lucas, Frank Oz, Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou among others. The Potter team includes producers David Heyman and David Barron, director David Yates, creator and author J.K. Rowling, screenwriter Steve Kloves, production designer Stuart Craig, art director Neil Lamont, and set decorator Stephenie McMillan. Nominations for the ADG Awards will be announced January 4.
Art Directors To Honor 'Harry Potter' Creative Team
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Awardsline News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture Academy…
- TV Talk Podcast: Emmy Voters, Here Are The Hot Races We’re Talking About
- VFX Supervisor Everett Burrell Brings AIs, Soaring Megalopolis & Real-World Science To ‘Altered Carbon’
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In Eastern…
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline
- Merritt Wever On The Importance Of Her Nonconforming Role In ‘Godless’ & Her Upcoming Noah Baumbach Project