Anchor Bay has acquired North American distribution rights to Touchback, the Don Handfield-directed gridiron drama that stars Kurt Russell, Brian Presley, Melanie Lynskey, Christine Lahti, Drew Powell, Kevin Covais and Marc Blucas. The plan is to release the film next year. Presley stars as a struggling farmer and former football hero who laments scoring the winning touchdown in the Ohio State High School Championship game years ago, because he injured his knee and was robbed of a pro career. He goes back in time to the week before the game and struggles over whether to call a different play, and whether he should marry his shigh school sweetheart. Handfield wrote the script, and Freedom Films’ Brian Presley, Kevin Matusow and Carissa Buffel produced. Anchor Bay’s Kevin Kasha brokered the deal with Gersh’s Jay Cohen. Hannibal Classics is handling foreign sales.
Anchor Bay Acquires Kurt Russell-Starrer 'Touchback'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast: The Facts Behind Fact-Based Movies
- Mark Dindal To Direct ‘Garfield’ Animated Movie For Alcon Entertainment
- Stan Lee’s Marvel Movie & TV Cameos – A Photo Gallery
- Disney’s Bob Iger & Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige On “Genius” Of Stan Lee
- Doll Brawl: Chucky Vs. Woody & Buzz As Orion Dates ‘Child’s Play’ Redo Against ‘Toy Story 4…
- Endeavor Promotes Dan Limerick To Head Rep Divisions’ Biz Affairs