EXCLUSIVE: Killer Films’ Christine Vachon and Pam Koffler are teaming with Margin Call producers Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson and Corey Moosa’s Before The Door banner on Imperial Palace, a love story written and to be directed by Victor Quinaz. The film will begin casting shortly for a spring production start. The film takes place six hours after Hurricane Katrina hits the gulf, as the jaded manager of a Biloxi casino tries to juggle the chaos when FEMA sets up headquarters at his establishment. That brings him in proximity to an old flame. Said Quinto: “We are thrilled to take the momentum of Margin Call and our experience working with Victor on his first film to move into a second feature with him. He’s a truly original talent, and Imperial Palace is a perfect example of his unique, commercial voice.” Quinaz just wrapped his debut feature, Untitled Ensemble Comedy, which he directed and cowrote with Anne Martemucci and Philip Quinaz. They plan to launch the film at festivals next year. Quinaz is repped by Anonymous Content.
AFM: Killer Films And 'Margin Call' Producers Launch 'Imperial Palace'
What's Hot on Deadline
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
Latest Film News
- Gal Gadot and 'Wonder Woman 1984' Planned As Warner's Big Comic-Con Surprise
- Wall Street Betting On Comcast To Counter Disney’s Offer For Fox
- Universal Bringing The Thrills To Comic-Con With ‘Glass’ & ‘Halloween’
- Richard Alan Greenberg Dies: Title Designer On ‘Alien’, ‘Superman’, ‘Matrix’ & Many More…
- Jennifer Todd Beats Jason Blum In Runoff For Movie Academy Governors Board Seat – Update
- WarnerMedia’s New No-Nonsense Logo Projects “Extremely Utilitarian” Image, Expert Says