Warner Bros announced today that it is moving the release date of Legendary Pictures’ big-budget 3D action tent pole Pacific Rim, which Guillermo del Toro is directing. The studio has set its bow for May 10, 2013, staking it at the head of the summer film pack. It had been set for July 12, 2013. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star; del Toro, Mary Parent and Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing. Rim, which begins shooting next month, was written by Travis Beacham and is set in a future where giant malevolent creatures threaten to destroy the earth, and the planet must band together and use advanced weapons technology to eradicate the growing threat.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Pacific Rim' Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?