EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter John Glenn has been brought on to re-imagine Abducted, a science fiction thriller that was originally acquired by the studio as a spec by John Heffernan. Disruption Entertainment’s Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Jake Weiner are exec producers. The story centers around an alien abduction of a group of average Americans who decide to take on the aliens and battle their way off the extraterrestrial craft. Glenn, who did early drafts of Clash of the Titans and Eagle Eye, is writing the hour-long Treasure Island for NBC. That is a contemporary re-imagining of the Robert Louis Stevenson story, set in Gotham. Glenn’s repped by WME and managed by Brian Lutz.
Paramount Hires John Glenn For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Abducted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees – Full List
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side