PREVIOUS: The inevitable happened this morning after another poor showing from NBC’s freshman comedy. Free Agents averaged a paltry 1.0 rating in 18-49 and 3.3 million viewers last night. The underperforming new comedy got a stay of execution last week, when it also posted a 1.0 demo rating, for one more shot at improving — but that didn’t happen. There is no final decision yet what NBC will put in the Wednesday 8:30 PM slot, but reruns of new comedy Whitney are a strong possibility. NBC’s boss Bob Greenblatt earlier this week replaced canceled The Playboy Club with repeats of new drama Prime Suspect for additional sampling. I won’t be surprised if Whitney eventually migrates to Wednesday with originals while 30 Rock rejoins NBC’s Thursday lineup. Production on Free Agents was stopped right away. As one commenter noted, “They canceled the show in the middle of an episode and in the middle of a work day. Actors were just called to not come to set today. Harsh.” Based on the British series of the same name, Free Agents starred Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn as co-workers who start sleeping together. Azaria started the season with two series on the air, Free Agents and The Simpsons. With Free Agents just cancelled and The Simpsons‘ future in limbo over salary dispute with the voice cast, he may lose both in one week.
NBC Cancels New Comedy 'Free Agents'
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
'NBC Nightly News' Covers Megyn Kelly Blackface Controversy, Noting It's Not Her First Time Under Fire For Race Remarks
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Unveils New Donald Trump Narrated Ted Cruz Campaign Ad
- ‘NBC Nightly News’ Covers Megyn Kelly Blackface Controversy, Noting It’s Not Her First Time Under Fire For Race…
- Jim Sturgess To Star In Apple's Hilde Lysiak Series
- Roy Moore-Sacha Baron Case: Showtime Files Motion For Venue Change
- CBS Buys Pakistani-American Family Comedy ‘Amerikhans’ From ‘Man With A Plan’ Duo, Imagine & Comedy…
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Babou Ceesay & ‘Humans' Jill Halfpenny To Star In BBC Drama ‘Dark Mon£y’