Melissa McCarthy’s hot streak continues as the new “It” girl helped Saturday Night Live beat the second-week slump. Last night’s edition of NBC’s late-night show, hosted by McCarthy with musical guest Lady Antebellum, drew a 5.2 rating/13 share in metered-market households. That was up 4% from SNL‘s season premiere last week (5.0/13), which marked Alec Baldwin’s record 16th turn as host. (That rating was later adjusted up to a 5.1, giving McCarthy a 2% edge over Baldwin.) Yesterday’s SNL also was up 8% vs. the same night last year. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.7/12 in adults 18-49, up a tenth from last week.
Melissa McCarthy Delivers Strong Ratings For 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Doubles Down On Anti-Trump Recession Wish
- Notes On The Season: Will ‘The Conners’ Revival Help Emmy Chances For ‘Roseanne’?; ‘Sharknado’ Goes For Gold; Carol Burnett Looks …
- ‘Dynasty’: Lead Cast Member Not Returning For Season 2 Of the CW Series
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Tom Arnold Games Nicolle Wallace, Poppy Harlow While Plugging Michael Cohen Meeting For Donald Trump Tapes Show
- Bill Cosby Former Attorney: His Conviction “A Travesty Of Justice”