After a long search, E! Entertainment Television has tapped former ABC Studios head of comedy Kevin Plunkett as its first-ever dedicated scripted executive. Plunkett has been named SVP Scripted Programming, overseeing all aspects of E!’s scripted development and reporting to Lisa Berger, President of Entertainment Programming. The hire is part of the strategy of NBCUniversal’s cable maven Bonnie Hammer, who took over E! after the NBC Universal-Comcast merger, to expand the programming of the the channel — known for its celebrity news and reality programs — into scripted territory. E!’s scripted efforts will be “uniquely tailored to appeal to the E! audience,” Berger said. Plunkett exited ABC Studios as part of ABC new topper Paul Lee’s executive overhaul at both the network and studio in June. Plunkett spent 6 1/2 years at ABC Entertainment, most recently as SVP Comedy Development at ABC Studios. Prior to that, he served as Head of Current Comedy Programming at ABC. His resume also includes stints at Paramount Network Television, ABC Family and Disney Channel.
Kevin Plunkett Gets E!'s Scripted Exec Post
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them