A 20-minute snippet of the Christian Bale-starring The Flowers Of War, China’s official entry into the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar race, was shown to buyers last month at the Toronto Film Festival. Now comes a trailer for Zhang Yimou’s true-life drama set against the backdrop of the 1937 Nanking Massacre (the film had been titled Heroes Of Nanking). It will be a unique property to market for whoever acquires U.S. rights: The film is about 60% Mandarin-language and 40% English; in this trailer, there are subtitles for both. The film will have its world premiere in Beijing on Dec. 16.
Hot Trailer: 'The Flowers Of War'
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Awardsline News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Is “Medicine For Me To Survive In This Current Climate”, Drew Barrymore Says
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start