Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Review With Forrest MacNeil, a half-hour comedy written and executive produced by Charlie Siskel (Tosh.0) and Andrew Daly and starring Daly as the title character. Based on the Australian series Review With Myles Barlow created by and starring Phil Lloyd, the project is a send-up of traditional review shows but instead of films, food or art, Forrest MacNeil reviews difficult life experiences … by living them. He reviews whatever his TV audience throws at him: the adrenaline rush of stealing, the drama of divorce, the effects of murder, the wonder of anonymous sex. And he rates every adventure on a scale of zero to five stars. Forrest’s unwavering commitment to his work often comes at the expense of his wife, his children, his affable neighbor Gary and his co-workers. Daly, repped by CAA and Principato-Young, recently wrapped the upcoming season of HBO’s Eastbound & Down. He will next be seen in the feature Everybody Loves Whales.
Comedy Central Greenlights 'Review' Pilot Starring Andrew Daly
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- TV Talk Podcast: Emmy Voters, Here Are The Hot Races We’re Talking About
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Lisa Edelstein To Recur On Season 2, Sets ‘House’ Reunion
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- Steven S. DeKnight Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- VFX Supervisor Everett Burrell Brings AIs, Soaring Megalopolis & Real-World Science To ‘Altered Carbon’
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats