The news is surprising because for a long while now this has been a lousy economic climate to do any initial public offering. But Bloomberg is reporting that Hulu’s owners News Corp, Walt Disney Company, and Providence Equity Partners (Comcast had to divest when it bought NBCUniversal) may reconsider the IPO idea after their abrupt decision to cancel the online content site’s sales auction. Hulu had plans for an IPO last year that envisioned a $2 billion value to help the site compete with Netflix and Amazon. The end of the auction also may lead to conversations about buying out stakes in Hulu held by members of senior management, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Bloomberg: Owners May Take Hulu Public
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees – Full List
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side