Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
Ben Affleck Warner Bros Choice To Make 'The Stand'
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
Latest Film News
- Elaborate ‘Alien’ High School Production Gets Hollywood’s Attention
- Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood
- Women In Film Los Angeles Adds Five New Board Members
- ‘A Lifetime Of Sundays’ Trailer: Regina King Narrates NFL Films Docu Spotlighting League’s Iconic…
- Ian Levy Sci-Fi Thriller Spec ‘Out There’ Lands At eOne; David Bruckner To Direct
- Deadline's 2018 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 'A Star Is Born'