Warner Bros has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct The Stand, Stephen King’s apocalyptic mammoth book. Affleck has become a cornerstone director for the studio, but this would be his greatest challenge yet. Even King has been reticent about the idea of making a feature of his book, which previously was turned into a miniseries. With The Town and Gone Baby Gone, Affleck has shown the grit necessary to handle such an unforgettable tale. It’s early days, but the studio loves Affleck, who’s now directing Argo.
Ben Affleck Warner Bros Choice To Make 'The Stand'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Fox Backs Jussie Smollett Anew As "Consummate Professional" While Police Attack Probe Continues & Lawyers Talk
Latest Film News
- New Line Taps Yulin Kuang To Write ‘Jade Palace’
- New Hollywood Podcast: A Special Oscars Episode
- Paramount Boss Unveils Diversity Initiative To Boost Inclusion In Film Slate
- Michael B. Jordan’s ‘The Silver Bear’ Finds Director & Writer In ‘First Purge’s…
- Universal Takes Rights To Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah’s ‘Friday Black’; ‘Hobbs & Shaw’s David Leitch…
- Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective Buys Stake In Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine; Otter Media Ups…