Warner Bros said today that it will release its Ruben Fleischer-directed mob drama Gangster Squad on Oct. 19, 2012, right in the teeth of next year’s awards season. Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone star in the pic, which is set in 1940s-era Los Angeles and centers on a police unit that is formed to take down head gangster Mickey Cohen, who is played by Penn. Also set to be released on that date is Lionsgate’s romantic comedy The Big Wedding with Robert De Niro and Susan Sarandon as well as Paramount Vantage’s untitled David Chase film, his feature directorial debut, about a group friends in 1960s New Jersey who form a garage band. UPDATE: The studio also said it is shifting its Zac Efron-starrer The Lucky One, based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, from Aug. 12, 2012 to April 20, 2012.
Warner Bros Dates 'Gangster Squad'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…