Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’ Unleashes Extended Official Trailer For Season 2
- Gillian Anderson Set To Join ‘The Crown’ Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- Pete Davidson Jokes About Suicide Scare, Reviews ‘The Mule’ In ‘SNL’ Return
- Producers Guild Awards: ‘Green Book’ Takes Best Picture; ‘Americans’ & ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Lead TV…
- PGA Awards Honoree Kenya Barris Tips Hat To Norman Lear, Reveals Early Dream Job
- Amy Sherman-Palladino On Norman Lear’s Legacy: ‘He Taught Sitcom Writers How To Write Sitcoms’…