Starz today released a trailer for its new drama series Boss. It stars Kelsey Grammer as the ruthless mayor of Chicago who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about. Observers describe the show as the former Frasier star’s Bryan Cranston/Michael Chiklis moment, a reference to Grammer’s transition from playing a lovable sitcom leading man to portraying a flawed hero on a dark cable series similar to the leap Cranston and Chiklis took with their Emmy-winning roles on Breaking Bad and The Shield, respectively.
TV TEASER: Starz's New Drama 'Boss'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance