EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Tanya Wexler. She’s the director of Hysteria, the 2011 Toronto Film Festival drama about the invention of the vibrator. The buzz is that film is in hot pursuit by suitors that include Sony Pictures Classics, Samuel Goldwyn Films and Millennium. Wexler had met with the major agencies while in Toronto, where her film had its world premiere last Thursday. She previously directed the indies Finding North and Ball in the House, and continues to be managed by Circle of Confusion and repped by UK-based agency Curtis Brown. Hysteria stars Maggie Gyllenhaal, Hugh Dancy, Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones.
Toronto: Her Hot Button Film In Play, 'Hysteria' Helmer Tanya Wexler Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- A24 Lands NA Rights To ‘The Souvenir’ Sequel As First Film Is Poised For Sunday Sundance Premiere
- Jonas Mekas Dies: Avant-Garde Filmmaker And Champion Was 96
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update
- Lorraine Toussaint To Portray Activist Flo Kennedy In Gloria Steinem Biopic
- Audra McDonald, Michael Shannon Set For Broadway Revival Of Terrence McNally's ‘Frankie And Johnny In The Clair De Lune…
- Mike Colter, Nafessa Williams Join Sony’s ‘Black And Blue’ Thriller Starring Naomie Harris