Doug Aarniokoski’s post-apocalyptic action thriller The Day, which follows a group that fights to stay alive amid a war against humanity, has been sold to German-speaking Europe and Benelux by Content, which acquired foreign rights to the Luke Passmore-scripted pic just before kickoff of the Toronto Film Festival. Content head of sales Harry White negotiated the latest sale with Splendid’s Carl Rickmers. The Day, starring Shawn Ashmore, Ashley Bell and Michael Eklund, is playing in Toronto’s Midnight Madness sidebar.
Toronto: Foreign Deals For 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Marvel Series About Female Superheroes From 'Wonder Woman's Allan Heinberg Set At ABC With Big Commitment
Chevy Chase Blasts 'Saturday Night Live', Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & Everyone Else Not Dan Aykroyd Or Gilda Radner
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Latest Film News
- Shortlist Revealed For UK’s Biggest Filmmaker Bursary
- ‘Bond 25’ Gets Cary Joji Fukunaga As New Director For 007 Daniel Craig
- David Zayas Cast in Paramount’s ‘Body Cam’; ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Adds Lee Majdoub
- Bruce Greenwood Boards ‘The Shining’ Sequel ‘Doctor Sleep’
- Will Packer Productions Names James F. Lopez President Prior To ‘Night School’ Debut; Update On ‘Girls Trip 2’…
- James Wan Producing Feature Take On SXSW Horror Short ‘Milk’ For New Line