Content Film announced today that it has landed foreign sales rights to Doug Aarniokoski’s action thriller The Day ahead of its world premiere screening in the Midnight Madness section of the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival. The film, which stars Shawn Ashmore, Ashely Bell, Michael Eklund, Cory Hardrict, Dominic Monaghan and Shannon Sossamon, revolves around a group of survivors who fight to stay alive amid a war against humanity. Luke Passmore wrote the script, and Guy Danella is producer; Aarniokoski, Michael Finley, Tim James, Antonina Armato and Ross Dinerstein executive produce. Kevin Iwashina of Preferred Content is handling North American sales. Content also will be selling at Toronto foreign rights on the Sarah Palin documentary Sarah Palin: You Betcha!, which was acquired earlier today for domestic release by Freestyle Releasing, and the Chloe Moretz-Blake Lively pic Hick.
Toronto: Content Film Acquires Foreign Rights To 'The Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Latest Film News
- PGA Milestone Award Honoree Toby Emmerich On How Warner Bros. & New Line ‘Hits ‘Em Where They Ain’t’
- Producers Guild Awards: ‘Green Book’ Takes Best Picture; ‘Americans’ & ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Lead TV…
- PGA Awards Honoree Kenya Barris Tips Hat To Norman Lear, Reveals Early Dream Job
- Producers Guild Awards Live Blog
- Andy Gruenberg Dies: Major Film Distribution Executive Was 68
- ‘Bumblebee’ Buzzes Past $400M WW – What’s Next For The Autobots