Meryl Streep, Neil Diamond, Yo-Yo Ma, Sonny Rollins and singer Barbara Cook will be feted at the 34th annual Kennedy Center Honors, which are set to be bestowed Dec. 4. CBS will broadcast the event Dec. 7; the network has aired the gala each year since George Stevens Jr. and Nick Vanoff created the event in 1978 — it is currently nominated for an Emmy for a fifth consecutive year. The timing couldn’t be more perfect for Streep to get a little national TV time: The Weinstein Company releases the Streep-starring The Iron Lady on Dec. 16, right in the wheelhouse of awards season. She is an early favorite to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her role as British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Meryl Streep Among Latest Recipients Of Kennedy Center Honors
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Film News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture Academy…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats