John Malkovich has signed on to Summit’s Warm Bodies, the Jonathan Levine-directed adaptation of the novel about a zombie who rediscovers his soul through a relationship with a human girl. Nicholas Hoult plays the zombie; Teresa Palmer plays the girl; and Malkovich will play her father, General Grigio. It starts an interesting autumn for Malkovich, who’ll perform in two operas, The Giacomo Variations and The Infernal Comedy, before going off to direct a French-language version of Les liaisons dangereuses in Paris. Malkovich starred in 1988’s Dangerous Liaisons. He’ll be free in January, and will certainly follow by reprising his eccentric assassin Marvin Boggs in the sequel to the 2010 hit Red. Summit is right now searching for a director to replace Robert Schwentke, who’s directing Universal’s R.I.P.D. Malkovich is repped by WME.
John Malkovich Takes 'Warm Bodies' Before Heading To Operas And Stage
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…