EXCLUSIVE: Jackie Earle Haley is set for Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, playing the role of Alexander Stephens. Stephens was vice president of the Confederate States during the Civil War and a nemesis of Lincoln’s slavery reform agenda. He is remembered for an infamous speech in which he said that slavery was the “natural condition of blacks and the cornerstone of the Confederacy.” The Spielberg-directed film shoots this fall and DreamWorks is eyeing a late 2012 release date, after the presidential elections. Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln, Sally Field plays Mary Todd, and Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt also star. Haley, whose career was resuscitated with his Oscar-nominated performance in Little Children, is currently in London shooting the Tim Burton-directed Dark Shadows for Warner Bros. Haley is repped by CAA and managed by Leslie Rice.
Jackie Earle Haley To Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International Box…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office