After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Brother’ Celebrity Anthony Scaramucci Turns Up At Davos
- Freddie Fox & Anna Chancellor To Star In BBC Feature Doc About Oscar Wilde
- ‘Knightfall’ Season 2 Teaser: Mark Hamill Debuts As Talus The Initiate Master In History’s Medieval Drama
- NBC Orders 'Uninsured' Family Comedy Pilot From 'The Goldbergs' Duo & Sony TV
- eOne Ups Tara Long To President Global Unscripted TV
- Anna Karenina YA TV Series With Korean-American Lead In Works From Jenny Lee, eOne, Drew Comins & Scooter Braun