After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
Latest TV News
- Peter Bart: Peter Rice, High On Clout And Low On Visibility, Now Wields TV’s Biggest Portfolio
- Mark Ruffalo Limited Series ‘I Know This Much Is True’ Gets HBO Green Light
- ‘The Terror’: Derek Mio To Star In AMC Anthology Series
- Lena Dunham Website Set To Close Down Tomorrow: Report
- Sabrina Jalees To Write & Possibly Star In Comedy Project At Fox From Diablo Cody
- ‘Peaky Blinders’: Sam Claflin, Brian Gleeson & More Join Season 5 Of Gangster Epic