After acquiring a slew of off-network dramas, Ion is adding a comedy to the mix with a deal for the exclusive broadcast syndication rights to all five seasons of ABC’s George Lopez. The comedy, bought from Warner Bros TV Distribution, will begin airing on Ion on Sept. 29 in three-hour blocks three times a week. While not a runaway hit for ABC, George Lopez has performed very well for its cable home, Nick at Nite.
Ion Acquires Comedy 'George Lopez'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Vice Is Back In Business In Canada After Striking Long-Term Deal With Bell Media
- T.J. Miller Denies Bullying ‘Silicon Valley’ Actress
- Michael Che And Colin Jost Get “Political” In First Emmys Promo
- Primary Wave Entertainment Focuses On Music Management & Content Amid Talent Managers Exodus
- Manager Tiffany Kuzon Joins Mosaic
- Kaley Cuoco Taps Suzanne McCormack As Development Executive For Her Company