Dane Cook is heading to NBC to headline his own network comedy series. Amid interest from multiple networks, the actor-comedian has signed a development deal with NBC for a half-hour project targeted for next fall. Cook will star in the comedy and produce through his SUperFInger Entertainment banner. Cook is the second top stand-up comedian with cable TV roots to develop and star in a comedy for NBC eyed for next season, along with Sarah Silverman. NBC also has a new freshman comedy created by/starring comedian Whitney Cummings. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie last month in a much-talked-about episode where he and series star Louis CK put to rest the so-called joke-stealing controversy. While he has largely stayed away from broadcast TV until now, Cook’s first screen credit was a recurring role on the short-lived ABC comedy series Maybe This Time some 15 years ago. Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable specials. On the feature side, UTA-repped Cook will next be seen in Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns, Girls & Gambling.
Dane Cook Inks NBC Development Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
Latest TV News
- Ariana Grande Performs Emotional Tribute To Aretha Franklin On ‘The Tonight Show’
- ‘The Tonight Show’ To Air Episode From Central Park In T-Mobile Deal
- Seinfeld On ‘Seinfeld’: Leaving Was Done At “The Perfect Moment”
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify New Network Code Worth More Than $200 MIllion A Year
- Hasan Minhaj Bids Farewell To ‘The Daily Show’ With Final Report
- Stephen Colbert Tickled Omarosa Getting Under Donald Trump’s Skin