EXCLUSIVE: Chris Columbus is negotiating to become attached to direct The Secret Lives of Road Crews, an action comedy script by Kevin Lund and T.J. Scott about a clandestine group of road crew workers who are the last line of defense against a subterranean alien race. The script was originally bought as a spec by DreamWorks for producer Hal Lieberman several years ago, and it was one of the projects that former DreamWorks production president Adam Goodman brought with him to Paramount when those studios divorced. Lieberman is the producer, and Craig Mazin was brought in to do a rewrite. Goodman pitched it to Columbus and they are negotiating right now, but he has quietly been working on it. They are out to writers to get another pass on the script. Brad Weston had also been a producer on the project, but he will likely move to executive producer after taking the CEO post at New Regency. Columbus last directed Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, and his 1492 just produced the hit DreamWorks film The Help. He’s repped by WME.
Chris Columbus Joins Paramount's 'The Secret Lives Of Road Crews'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Headed To $135M+ Opening – Midday B.O. Update
- ‘Dark Skies’ Writer-Director Scott Stewart Inks With Verve
- Teen Choice Awards: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Solo’, ‘Riverdale’ Lead Nominations – List
- The Weinstein Co. Drops Purchase Price, “Creditors Feel Thrown Under The Bus”
- Christopher Plummer Crosses 'Boundaries'; Eugene Jarecki Drives 'The King' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Berlin Confirms Carlo Chatrian & Mariette Rissenbeek As New Festival Heads