EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Scott Cooper, who made his directorial debut with Crazy Heart, the film that won Jeff Bridges the Oscar for Best Actor. Cooper, who started an an actor before making the transition to filmmaker with his scripted adaptation of the Thomas Cobb novel, has several projects percolating. He’s attached to direct Out of the Furnace, his rewrite of the Brad Ingelsby revenge thriller spec script Low Dweller, which Leonardo DiCaprio and Ridley Scott will produce. Cooper is also attached to direct a Warner Bros adaptation of the S.C. Gwynne book Empire of the Summer Moon, about the rise and fall of the Commanche tribe. Cooper had been repped by ICM.
'Crazy Heart' Helmer Scott Cooper To CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Suspect Barricaded In Silver Lake Trader Joe's After Police Pursuit; LAPD Confirms Hostages, One Injury - Update
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
Latest Film News
- ‘Women Who Kick Ass’ Panel Talks Shift In Hollywood & Need For Female Role Models For Young Men – Comic-Con
- ‘Cut Throat City’ Trailer: RZA Goes From Martial Arts To Heist Drama In Hurricane Katrina-Era Pic – Comic-Con
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con
- Strike Talk Dominates Editors Guild Meeting: “They're Serious About It – Very Serious"