EXCLUSIVE: CAA earlier today closed a deal with Lionsgate to distribute the 2011 Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness Award winner You’re Next. Now the agency has signed the film’s architects: Adam Wingard, who directed the film, and Simon Barrett, who wrote and produced one of the festival standouts. Lionsgate plans a release for fall 2012. Wingard and Barrett previously collaborated on A Horrible Way To Die, which premiered at 2010 Toronto. Wingard is managed by Generate’s Jeremy Platt. Both of them were without agents, with Wingard recently leaving Paradigm.
CAA Signs Adam Wingard And Simon Barrett, Creators Of Toronto Hit 'You're Next'
What's Hot on Deadline
Don Cheadle & Kathy Griffin In Twitter Beef Over His Not Defending Her After Severed Trump Head Flap - In 2017
Latest Film News
- Jason Reitman To Direct Next ‘Ghostbusters’ Movie, Coming In 2020
- WME Signs Bart Freundlich, Director Of Sundance Opener ‘After The Wedding’
- ‘Slime’ Time For Paramount Players, Steve Pink & Jeff Morris
- Danny Glover Set For Sony’s ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Sequel
- Rose Byrne, Justin Hartley, Wanda Sykes & More Set To Co-Star In CBS Films Comedy ‘Lexi’
- Sofia Coppola And Bill Murray To Reteam For ‘On The Rocks’, Apple & A24’s First Film