EXCLUSIVE: Syfy’s drama Alphas is heading into Season 2 with a new showrunner. Bruce Miller has joined the series starring David Strathairn as executive producer/showrunner. He replaces Ira Steven Behr, who is departing after running the series in its first season. Alphas, from BermanBraun, Universal Cable Prods and co-creators Zak Penn and Michael Karnow, follows a team of ordinary citizens who possess extraordinary and unusual mental skills. It was renewed for a second season earlier this month. Miller will serve as an executive producer on the show alongside Penn and BermanBraun’s Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. Karnow serves as co-executive producer. The gig extends Miller’s relationship with Syfy. He most recently served as an executive producer/showrunner on the network’s series Eureka, which wrapped production on its fifth and final season last month. ICM-repped Miller’s series credits also includes ER, Medium and 4400.
Bruce Miller Joins Syfy Series 'Alphas' As New Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing