Warner Bros Pictures International said today that it has eclipsed the $2 billion mark in overseas box office, the fourth time the division has surpassed that benchmark. Last year, the unit grossed a record $2.93 billion — this year, the studio is ahead of that pace by two months. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 led the way, with the finale becoming the top-grossing film of the franchise and the third-highest international release of all time, grossing $857 million and counting. Warner Bros still has Contagion, J. Edgar, Happy Feet Two, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows and New Year’s Eve, among others, on its fourth-quarter docket.
Warner Bros Crosses $2B At International Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest Film News
- William Goldman Dies; Oscar Winning Writer Of ‘Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid’ Was 87
- Viacom Beats Wall Street Estimates With Q4 Paced By Paramount
- Richard Lormand Dies: Veteran International Film Publicist Was 56
- Bert & Bertie Attached To Direct & Write ‘Eurydice’ For Amazon Studios
- Kelly McMahon To Succeed Retiring Joan Graves As MPAA Ratings Chief
- Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach’s Roger Ailes Movie