TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, which kicked off its second season this summer with 8.6 million viewers and is battling the network’s The Closer for the top viewership ranking among all basic cable series, has been renewed for a third season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for a summer 2012 launch. The series, from Warner Horizon Television, Hurdler Prods and Ostar Prods, stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander and is based on Tess Gerritsen’s bestselling crime novels about a tough Boston cop (Harmon) and her medical-examiner partner (Alexander), who are opposites but always seem to get the bad guys. Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill and Jordan Bridges also star. The current second season airs Mondays through Sept. 12 before it returns to complete its run in November and December.
TNT Renews 'Rizzoli & Isles' For 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them