The Coen Brothers’ cult classic The Big Lebowski, the 1998 comedy that stars Jeff Bridges as The Dude and spawned an annual Lebowski Fest for avid fans, will be the first film offered by Universal for rent on Facebook. It will be available through the studio’s “Social Theater” application, through which users can rent, view and interact on the film’s Facebook page at a cost of 30 Facebook Credits ($3) for a 48-hour window. The launch coincides with the movie’s debut on Blu-ray and follows a similar initiative from Warner Bros, which in March began offering movies — including The Dark Knight, a pair of Harry Potter films and Inception — for the same price and the same viewing window.
The Dude Abides On Facebook Via Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Secures Key Deals For Rocket Science At The EFM…