Showtime has picked up two additional episodes of its baseball reality series The Franchise, which follows the San Francisco Giants’ players and personnel during the season for a glimpse inside the world of pro baseball. The move brings the full series order to eight episodes, not including a preview special that aired earlier this year; the series premiered this summer. Franchise, from Major League Baseball Prods and Mike Tollin, will now run through August as the Giants battle for a playoff spot that might just make for good TV; the defending World Series champions are currently are 2 1/2 games behind Arizona in the NL West and 5 games out in the NL Wild Card race.
Showtime Adds To 'Franchise' Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest TV News
- Tamir Muhammad Launches Production Company, Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros.
- ‘Jack Reacher’ TV Series In The Works
- ‘Narcos: Mexico’: Jesse Garcia Cast As Series Regular In Netflix Drama
- Judge To Rule Thursday On CNN Request For Immediate Return of Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials
- Cinedigm Losses Narrow In Q2 As OTT Channel Revenue Jumps 23%
- Lachlan Murdoch Salutes Father Rupert Murdoch At Fox’s Last Annual Shareholder Meeting Before Disney Deal…