Showtime has picked up two additional episodes of its baseball reality series The Franchise, which follows the San Francisco Giants’ players and personnel during the season for a glimpse inside the world of pro baseball. The move brings the full series order to eight episodes, not including a preview special that aired earlier this year; the series premiered this summer. Franchise, from Major League Baseball Prods and Mike Tollin, will now run through August as the Giants battle for a playoff spot that might just make for good TV; the defending World Series champions are currently are 2 1/2 games behind Arizona in the NL West and 5 games out in the NL Wild Card race.
Showtime Adds To 'Franchise' Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Latest TV News
- ‘Friends From College’ Canceled After Two Seasons At Netflix
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- Krysten Ritter Posts ‘Jessica Jones’ Finale Table Read Photo; Says She’s “Proud” Of How Show Will Complete “Journey”…
- ‘Veep’ Trailer: Presidents Day Greetings From Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Fox Comedies, ‘60 Minutes’ Andrew McCabe Sit-Down Top Slow Holiday Sunday Ratings
- ‘T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’ Season 2 Production On Hold