Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Latest TV News
- Henry Winkler Brought Expert Timing & Stella Adler Anecdote To ‘Barry’, Playing Oddball Acting Coach Gene…
- The Takeaway From Today’s Warner Bros-John Stankey-Kevin Tsujihara Town Hall Meeting
- Big Fish Entertainment Acquired By MGM
- The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates, Including Sunday Lineup & Three Series Debuts
- Morgan Neville On Mr. Rogers, Anthony Bourdain & Ingredients For Emmy-Contending Doc Series ‘Ugly Delicious’
- Instagram Launches IGTV, A Hub For Longform Video