In the latest sign that The Weather Channel has original programming in its forecast, the network has hired Scripps Networks exec Mary Ellen Iwata for the newly created position of VP Original Content and Development. She will be based in New York and tasked with developing, commissioning and acquiring original programming. Iwata was brought aboard by Michael Dingley, who recently joined as SVP Content and Development; the pair worked together at HGTV. Those moves follow the appointment of The Weather Channel EVP and GM Bob Walker, who was brought aboard last month to help spearhead the original programming lineup.
Mary Ellen Iwata Joins Weather Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- ‘Friends From College’ Canceled After Two Seasons At Netflix
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- Krysten Ritter Posts ‘Jessica Jones’ Finale Table Read Photo; Says She’s “Proud” Of How Show Will Complete “Journey”…
- ‘Veep’ Trailer: Presidents Day Greetings From Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Fox Comedies, ‘60 Minutes’ Andrew McCabe Sit-Down Top Slow Holiday Sunday Ratings
- ‘T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’ Season 2 Production On Hold