Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Has "Fully Restored" Jim Acosta's Press Credential, CNN Says As it Drops Lawsuit - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Boy 2’ Adds Christopher Convery To Cast After Strong AFM
- Ari'el Stachel Joins ‘Zola’;’ Dirk Gently’s Fiona Dourif Cast In ‘Unsinkable’
- The Art Of Craft: Production Designer Inbal Weinberg Unveils Designs From ‘Suspiria’s Academy Of Witches
- Lili Taylor Replaces Cynthia Nixon In ‘The Evening Hour’ Indie Drama
- Appeals Court Clears Way For Byron Allen’s Civil Rights Suits Against Charter, Comcast
- Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)