Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Latest Film News
- McG Assembles Cast For Netflix Film ‘Rim of the World’
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- The Takeaway From Today’s Warner Bros-John Stankey-Kevin Tsujihara Town Hall Meeting
- Warner Bros Rolls Out Red Carpet For New Boss, Taps Bugs Bunny For A Cameo
- Morgan Neville On Mr. Rogers, Anthony Bourdain & Ingredients For Emmy-Contending Doc Series ‘Ugly Delicious’
- Marvel Eyes Female Helmers For ‘Black Widow’ Film: Watch For Cate Shortland