Nobody has found a way to squeeze more cash out of a film franchise than George Lucas has done with Star Wars, and he’s at it again. Here’s a trailer for the release of the six films on Blu-ray. I caught the bug on the original trilogy that was far ahead of its time, but I found the prequel uninteresting compared to films like The Matrix, the first of which was released around the same time as that first prequel. Still, Lucas is serving up 40 hours of extras in these releases. But does anyone other than the hardcore geek really care?
'Star Wars' 40 Hours Extra Blu-Ray Footage
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veronica Mars' Revival: Kristen Bell Gives Sneak Peek From Set, Rob Thomas Posts First Photo Of Cast
'RuPaul's Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular' Trailer: The Queens Return For Some Yuletide Cheer...And Shade
Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)
Latest Film News
- Producers Guild Documentary Noms: ‘RBG’, ‘Three Identical Strangers’, ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor…
- ‘The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part’ Trailer: Can Emmet Rescue Lucy From The Evil Queen?
- ‘The Limit’ Trailer: Robert Rodriguez Puts Virtual Reality To Action
- ‘Ozark’s Skylar Gaertner Signs With ICM Partners
- Witold Sobocinski Dies: Cinematographer On Films By Polanski, Wajda & Others Was 89
- ‘I Am Paul Walker’ Trailer: Extended Cut Of Docu Explores Life Of Actor On Fifth Anniversary Of His Death