EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
After 11 Years Pushing 'A Star Is Born', Producer Bill Gerber Is Restoring Neil Young In New Woodstock Documentary
Latest Film News
- Stanley Donen Appreciation: From ‘Singin’ In The Rain’ To ‘Two For The Road’ A Dazzling Cinematic Legacy…
- Spirit Awards: ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Wins Big; ‘Sorry To Bother You’, ‘Eighth Grade’ Honored – Full…
- Spirit Awards Live Blog: See How It Went Down At The 2019 Ceremony
- Fox Has Parked Ford Vs. Ferrari Movie In Awards Season; ‘Kingsman’ Prequel And ‘Free Guy’ Set…
- Stanley Donen Remembered: For Him, Life And Film “Were Inseparable”, Steven Spielberg Says
- Channing Tatum & His Production Company Free Association Sign With CAA