EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Revises Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
David Hogg Calls For New Advertiser Boycott Of Laura Ingraham Over "Summer Camp" Child Detention Center Description
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Latest TV News
- Emily Mortimer Signs With UTA
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Eugene Levy & Catherine O’Hara On Scorsese’s ‘SCTV’ Doc, & How ‘We Don't Consider Ourselves Comedians…
- HBO Brings The Sizzle To Meeting With The New WarnerMedia Boss
- Universal TV Ups Kiersten Robinson To SVP Current Programming
- 'Altered Carbon' Sound Editor Brett Hinton On Sonic Clues Taken From Richard K. Morgan's Sci-Fi Novel
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Ratings Rise In Monday Debut