Will Leonardo Da Vinci join Spartacus as Starz’s next leading man? It looks that way. I hear that the David S. Goyer-written Da Vinci’s Demons, about the early years of the famous Renaissance Man, is heating up at the pay cable channel. A pickup for the project is considered likely, probably straight to series, as producers have begun sending out feelers to writers about potential staffing jobs. Da Vinci’s Demons was the first project announced under the multi-year production agreement Starz signed with BBC Worldwide Prods at the beginning of this month. BBC Worldwide is deficit financing the shows under the deal, primarily from international sales, so the series are developed with the global marketplace in mind. Da Vinci’s Demons fits that bill with a protagonist who is one of the most recognizable figures in world’s art and science history.
David Goyer's 'Da Vinci's Demons' Eyes Green Light At Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And America Today
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios